[Kmymoney-devel] Proposal: Moving KMM site to KDE

Ralf Habacker ralf.habacker at freenet.de
Thu Feb 27 14:04:33 UTC 2014

On 22.02.2014 02:30, Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> Hello all,
> I chatted with Ben Cooksley, of KDE sysadmins, about the possibility
> to host our site in the KDE infrastructure.
>
> - He was in favour of hosting kmymoney.org directly in KDE servers
> - If we only need basic php/html, we can do it via a git repository.
> AFAIU we only have html in our current site
> - The release tarball can be hosted in download.kde.org, which is
> mirrored worldwide
>
> It will take a fairly large amount of effort to migrate the valuable
> content to a new site, but I think it's worth it.
>
> Opinions, doubts, thoughts?
You may take a look at the KDE hosted umbrello home page
https://projects.kde.org/projects/websites/umbrello-kde-org, which has
been migrated last year from sourceforge.
It and several other websites uses a KDE provided framework
http://community.kde.org/KDE.org/Capacity_HOWTO. The advantage against a
full cms is that you only need html and php knowledge and the migration
is limited to setup the menus and wrap html files with
header.inc/footer.inc. You may see the umbrello.kde.org git log for that.

There are also hints how to setup a local development environment, see
readme-apache.txt

Regards
 Ralf