[Kmymoney-devel] compiling kmymoney on windows

rebel at renegade.rebelhosts.com rebel at renegade.rebelhosts.com
Sun Feb 23 22:56:26 UTC 2014

Can I ask a bit of advice. I am trying to create a windows copy of KMyMoney I wish to do some development work and the resulting code is to run on windows (as well as linux). But a native compile on windows is important. I am trying to add some features aimed at Australian Small businesses. "Kmymoney SBAU".

I have been having a devil of a time getting it to compile. I first tried kdewindows installer. I found I was missing some important files (can't recall which at this moment) I have also tried kde on windows using emerge. That beast never seems to compile. This is my second go at it in as many years and though I have moved from XP to Win7 where it seems much more reliable. I still havent got it to compile. So far I havent even got to kmymoney yet. I have to keep debugging and patching supporting libraries like qt. Last time (on XP) I managed to get it to compile but it refused to run. I gave up, but recently decided to start again.

I looked into cross compiling but was a bit put off by what I perceived as too many gotcha's.

Ok thats my complaining almost done...

What I would like to ask is how is the current kmymoney compiled for windows? Is it using one of the above systems? is it cross compiled?

Is there a way I can get a copy of the environment or at least somewhere I can go to find out what needs doing?

Once I get this going I'll have a few more questions about forking kmymoney into an Australian small business version.

Looking forward to any assistance
Chris