[Kmymoney-devel] Proposal: Moving KMM site to KDE

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Feb 22 07:07:56 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Friday 21 February 2014 22:30:12 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Hello all,
> I chatted with Ben Cooksley, of KDE sysadmins, about the possibility
> to host our site in the KDE infrastructure.
>
> - He was in favour of hosting kmymoney.org directly in KDE servers

No problem. Just need the IP address or CNAME whatever he prefers.

> - If we only need basic php/html, we can do it via a git repository.
> AFAIU we only have html in our current site

I think we do have some PHP code also and static binary contents such as
PDF and images.

> - The release tarball can be hosted in download.kde.org, which is
> mirrored worldwide

Makes sense. It hosts also the history.

> It will take a fairly large amount of effort to migrate the valuable
> content to a new site, but I think it's worth it.

+1

> Opinions, doubts, thoughts?

How about using some sort of CMS maybe even supporting some sort of
workflow, so that we can create things and check them before they go
live? Does KDE use something like that?

Las Vegas - Mecca of experimental statistics. (Jens Hoffmann)