[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request 119911: Updated extraction code to support "Financial Times UK Funds" source for online price quotes

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 24 09:43:50 UTC 2014

On 24/08/14 10:22, David Houlden wrote:
> On Saturday 23 August 2014 14:51:23 Allan wrote:
>> On 23/08/14 14:42, David Houlden wrote:
>>> OK, I've had a look at this now.
>>>
>>> The change as submitted by Thomas does not work for me because of
>>> the
>>>
>>> :GBP on the end. This should be :GBX which is what I have been using
>>> :for>
>>> several months now. From my limited testing It does seem that
>>> removing>
>>> :GBP and having the URL end in %1 also works.
>>>
>>> I would be interested to know about any ISIN codes which do not work
>>> as described above.
>>>
>>> Ian, I would be interested to know the ISIN code of the fund you say
>>> only works without a currency in the URL.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> David
>>
>> There may still be a problem as instead of just retrieving the quote,
>> it also gets the life history of the security/company: that is, the
>> whole web-site page.
>>
>> Allan
>
> I presume you mean all of the output which is generated in the log
> window. I can't work out why it does that.
>
> David.

Yes, that's what I found strange.

I've just checked using Morningstar and that produces just the details,
as I was expected.  So, it appears to be a feature of FT, or the way
it's being accessed.

I think KMM downloads the whole page into a temp file and then does the
analysis, but usually it just extracts just the detail.  Obviously, it
finds that but returns the whole bath-full.