[Kmymoney-devel] QML Interfaces

Alvaro Soliverez asoliverez at kde.org
Sun Aug 10 13:59:24 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,
The main issue preventing us from a migration to QML is the sheer
number of pages we have in the application. It's simply a lot to
migrate, and QML in KDE is still a moving target. I haven't seen an
application as big as KMyMoney in QML yet.

Next issues are:
- Too much business logic in UI, which should be moved to core classes
- Most data is not using models, much less a MVC approach.
- Customs controls that will have to be migrated to QML
- Developers involved will have to have a grasp of the application
domain (It can't be random people who develop in QML)
- It's all or nothing, you can't have QWidgets and QML together. At
least not in a stable release

Regards,
Alvaro