[Kmymoney-devel] QML Interfaces

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Sun Aug 10 11:43:51 UTC 2014

Am Montag, 27. Mai 2013, 07:36:17 schrieb Alvaro Soliverez:
> not at the moment. What were your intended changes?
> […]
> On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 7:25 AM, Christian Dávid <christian-david at web.de>
wrote:
> > would you accept QML Interfaces (enriched with JavaScript)?

Hi all,

sorry for getting back to this. How is the future plan for the use of QML in
KMyMoney? If there aren't any, let's start a discussion here :)

QML could save a lot of time and make KMyMoney more beautiful. I am really
disappointed with the result of my work an bank account numbers (screenshot
and [1]). It was a lot of work and the result is just average. And even worse:
the code is not elegant.

Also QML becomes the main language for uis in KDE and probably all Qt-based
projects in the future. Staying with QWidgets is maybe a lonely path.

So why not use it already? Even ordinary users will notice the difference
between the two techniques. But better a slow change than non? And it could
help to rectify KMyMoney’s code.

Greeting
Christian

[1] compile add-onlinebanking and open the register "account numbers" in the
payees view. Actually some of my nice ideas are not possible because there are
a *couple* of bugs in QListView - undetected for a many years now. Is Qt4
getting bugfixes? I could open a ticket then…

[2] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x_bS4M3jhY