[Kmymoney-devel] cmake problems

Christian Dávid christian-david at web.de
Wed Aug 6 10:30:04 UTC 2014

Am Dienstag, 5. August 2014, 07:59:03 schrieb Thomas Baumgart:
> that might be the problem. I have seen those cmake changes on master and
> frameworks branch, but not on add-onlinebanking. Maybe, it's time to merge
> master into add-onlinebanking, but I want to leave that to Christian David
> who's actively working on this branch

The cmake changes are actually a huge problem for me. Most targets are so close
connected to each other that they only work because they are linked all
together in kmymoney (the executable). But I use independent plugins/shared
libraries. I do not know why it is not working anymore but it is hard for me
to merge these changes into add-onlinebanking. I think the reason is the
public linkage (which is correct, I think, but reveals some problems).

At the moment I am stucked with the dialogs static target. It is required for
kmymoney_base which is required by widgets which I use in a plugin. But
dialogs needs the global kmymoney  variable, which is only available in
kmymoney (the target for the executable). There are a couple of problem like
this one.

I'll see how to solve the problem. But we should start rethinking how kmymoney
is split up into modules...

Also: I think my branch is close of doing everything it needs for a first
release. On some places the ui needs further improvements. But it is time to
think about merging it with master. Especially because I am afraid the merge
with the frameworks branch is going to be a pain if Cristian worked on it for
a week in Randa (only couple of days left).

Greetings
Christian