[Kmymoney-devel] Starting w/o loading plugins possible?

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 27 16:05:48 UTC 2013

On 2013.09.27 06:38, aga wrote:
[lots snipped]
> Why are you wanting to run from the /build tree?  Is it to use an
> alternative version?  If so, what about compiling to a different path?

I don't know Marko's use case, but there is a problem with the way KDE
apps are compiled and installed, so you can really only have one
version present at a time.  If you complile a new version, and run it
from the build directory, you do use the newly compiled program, but
all the other stuff (plugins, icons, ...) gets pulled from the system
location, not from the newly compiled version.  To fully test a newly
compiled version without actually installing it, you would have to use
a chroot or a virtual machine.  I've tried various workarounds in the
past (different path, changing environment variables before running,
rerunning buildsycoca, ...) and I've never had it work reliably.  Now,
all my testing is either on a completely separate machine or in a
virtual.