[Kmymoney-devel] online account balance flagging in ledger

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Fri Sep 20 22:07:05 UTC 2013

Hi Jack,

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:22 PM, Jack wrote:
> Version 4.6.3 includes a feature (new in that version, I think, but possibly older) that if the online statement balance (from an OFX import, for example) does not match the local account balance, the ledger line displaying the online balance is highlighted in red.  For me, most of the time, the online balance matches my cleared balance, not the final account balance, so the red is sort of misleading, if not just wrong.  I would prefer to not have the line highlighted at all, but using a different color would also be OK for me.  First, does anybody disagree that this makes sense?  Second, how easy would this be to implement.  Third, should I just file a wishlist so it doesn't get lost?

I am updating through HBCI and I am very very thankful for this highlighting feature, since it tells me immediately when something went wrong during data import from the bank.

So, if you don't need this feature I would prefer to have this merely freely configurable, because it's valuable for me. I had introduced it through Thomas back then [0].

I don't think it should be very hard to implement, since I have done similar stuff for the homepage accounts table view options. [1]
I could have a look into that. File a wishlist issue, if you like.

Greets,
Marko

[0] Thomas' commit d06f2c4ef10805df5f6378271b804da483518544 in master
[1] 7a09b9a12368e39a7a1958989e36f5356e9b6278 in master