[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.4 release schedule notification

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Thu Sep 19 18:31:56 UTC 2013

Hi Cristian,

On Sep 19, 2013, at 8:35 AM, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> 4.7.0 will be released from the current master. If you ask me when
> will that be I can't tell you.
OK.

> What I can tell is that it involves a
> lot of preparing (updating the what's new page in the application,
> documentation updates, a proper string freeze period, release
> announcements) which must be taken care of by somebody (anyone ca step
> up and commit to doing this).
Oh, I see.
I guess the project is missing someone with enough free resources for all this stuff.

> Releasing a bugfix version does not involve all that that's why I
> decided that I'll put all my efforts in it. I considered that fixing
> long standing crashes is more important than delivering new features.
+1

> After all KMyMoney is already pretty feature rich.
+1

> So, in conclusion, I would also be happy to release a 4.7.0 but
> somebody has to do the work it involves, do the finishing touches to
> get a great version out there.
OK, I guess this cannot be handled by one person alone. Something like that needs a team really.
But it should be one with enough expertise in managing a software release.

Well, then lets hope that someone will be found. :)

Thanks Cristian for your enormous efforts with regard to the bug fixing. My god, you really went through a huge pile of bug reports. Great job!!!

Greets,
Marko