[Kmymoney-devel] KMyMoney 4.6.4 release schedule notification

mk-lists at email.de mk-lists at email.de
Thu Sep 19 05:24:14 UTC 2013

Hi Cristian & Allan,

>> 4.6.4 is going to be released from the 4.6 branch [1] which is
>> available in the repository as 'origin/4.6'. Any testing is welcomed.

ah, okay, I had found 4.6 right after I posted here, but I was still unsure whether that is really it.
OK, I'll do build tests with that branch on MacOSX Snow Leopard.

Now I see what you meant that 4.6.4 will be a bugfix release! There are indeed no new features whatsoever in there, although 4.6.3 is more than a year ago now...

> I think then that I am confused.  What happens to master?  I was
> assuming that it would be the basis for the next release.

It is, but Cristian is picking changeset by changeset from it and commits it to 4.6 until all bugfixes are transferred. Then 4.6.4 will be released from there.

OK, I guess in that case one has to wait for 4.7.0 or 4.6.5 for the integration of new features.
I just wonder when that release will happen…
I have small changes to the homepage view checked in in November 2012 and January 2013. I consider those stable enough, since I am working with master solely since then w/o problems due to that new feature.

Greets,
Marko