[Kmymoney-devel] build issues

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 18 02:42:27 UTC 2013

On 2013.09.17 19:48, aga wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Sep 2013 18:24:27 -0400
> Jack <ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install KMM from source in a newly installed Kubuntu
> > 12.0.4 as a VirtualBox guest (under Gentoo as host), and am
> > currently stuck at libalkimia.  I see Claydoh has KMM 4.6.3
> > available, but only 4.3.1 of libalkimia.  I have successfully built
> > libalkimia from source, but I'm curious if I missed any available
> > package - perhaps in a different ppa?
> >
> > Jack
>
> As I understand it, the stable 4.6.3 requires "FIND_PACKAGE(LibAlkimia
> 4.3.1 REQUIRED)"
> Claydoh's PPA now looks pretty dated, as does Kubuntu 12.0.4.
>
> You don't say what version of libalkimia you have, or in what way
> you're stuck, but, assuming you have KMM from git HEAD, I take it you
> have 4.3.2. I got it from I think, github.
>
> In case you don't have that, I'm attaching my version to save to-ing
> and fro-ing.

git head said 4.3.1 was not sufficient, although I have not looked
inside the CMAKE files.  I actually took the 4.3.2  source from the
download tarball on my gentoo box, and the KMM compile has finally
completed successfully.

I'm just curious how Claydoh built KMM 4.6.3 without libalkimia 4.3.2,
which seems to have been required for at least a version or two, not
new to 4.6.3.  Either I'm missing some clue, or there's magic afoot.