[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request 112364: BUG:312816 - Implement resizing of ledger Number column (and others)., and Interest category and amount disappear when new fee entered in Dividend.

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 10 14:01:57 UTC 2013

On 2013.09.10 06:41, Cristian Oneț wrote:
> > On Sept. 10, 2013, 7:20 a.m., Cristian Oneț wrote:
> > Allan Anderson wrote:
> >     I can't give an explanation for why the should differ.  Having
> previously encountered this same problem some why ago, Thomas advised
> using the timer.  As before, I started off using a small value, but
> found that this didn't work in the new near-identical code area. So,
> I started to increase the delay.  In come cases, I had to use a large
> delay in order to see that the widget did finally respond.  I then
> started to reduce the value until failure, and then back-off.  Having
> got a particular widget finally responding, after further work I
> found that the problem was still sometimes there and had to make
> further adjustments.  In many cases, this 'tuning' was revisited.
> >     When finally all appeared OK, I then found that during actual
> window resizing, some widgets would flicker quite badly during their
> repositioning, depending upon the speed of mouse movement.  The only
> way I could resolve that was by zeroing the widget height instead of
> hiding it.
>
> There must be a simpler way to do this. If this approach is so timing
> dependent it could be that the solution does not even work on a
> slower or faster machine/system.

Would it be worth the effort to make a temporary version where the
timer value is a parameter, so it would be easier for more people to
test it on different speed machines, without having to recompile just
to change that value?  If different timer values are needed for
different widgets, then it begins to smell to me like the timing is not
really the problem but just a workaround.