[Kmymoney-devel] A bug in the current stable release

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 00:17:38 UTC 2013

On 09/11/13 14:13, Fritz PC01 wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use Money on Windows 7 Prof. 64 Bit and Windows Vista Home Prem. 32
> Bit, and I wrote a Batch file to Copy and Backup the Datafile from a
> Networkdrive to the local drive and to start KMymoney.
>
> If i start the Batch, i receive Errors (I attached the Screenshot als a
> PDF to this mail) . Fortunatelity, the App is working without any known
> Errors. Bevore I update Kmymoney from Version 4.6.3 to 4.6.4 i don´t see
> any
> Error Messages on the Screen....
>
> What´s the reason for this messages?
>
> Sorry for my English, i hope you understand everything , i wrote.. i
> learned english in school, long long time ago... :-[
>
> Have a nice day, and thanks for this great free Software!
>
> bye
> Fritz

Hi Fritz

No problems understanding your English.
"
Warning: QFileInfo::absolutePath: Constructed with empty filename
Warning: QDBusConnection: session D-Bus connection created before
QCoreApplication. Application may misbehave."

I took the above quote from another user running under Windows recently.
  The D-Bus message has been reported (on Google) numerous times, and it
seems that it is harmless, so probably needn't concern you too much.

So far as moving to 4.6.4 is concerned, I only know of one issue, from
the user whose message I quoted above.  He was having a problem doing an
on-line price update for a Polish stock, which 4.6.4 didn't handle at
all well, crashing with no message.  4.6.3 also crashed under the same
circumstances, but did it more gracefully.  The problem may affect
other, non-Polish stocks, but not UK ones, at least from my experience.

If you have no other reason to change, it might be prudent to stay where
you are for the moment, unless you do no on-line price updates.