[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 11:31:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, 06 Mar 2013 16:19:01 +0100
Albert Gmail <albertpommier.087 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I use ubuntu kmymoney2.
> QIF export function processes only one account at a time.
> Is it possible to export multiple accounts at once? Example personal
> checking account, checking account attached passbook etc..
> With all my thanks.

Hi,

please see the attached. My french is a bit rusty these days, but it looks
like the question is about storing all accounts at once into a QIF file. Any
ideas?

Please CC the original poster.
I'm afraid my French expired longer ago than I care to remember.
However, Google helped, and another mail from the OP confirms.

I'm afraid it is not at present possible to export multiple accounts in
one file, and I can't see this being possible any time soon, as
developer time is very limited at the moment.

The translation showed a follow-up question :
"If not, how to read the file with kmymoney KMY otherwise? Is gambas3 possible?"

Yes, this is possible with any language that supports xml2.

The .kmy file is a compressed xml2 file.  If you uncompress it, you'll
find a fairly easy to understand xml2 file.