[Kmymoney-devel] Help! - interest-amount and fee-amount widgets appear on resizing

aga agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 12:45:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, 13 Jul 2013 19:06:02 +0100
aga <agander93 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This feature was mentioned in a bug a couple of months back, and now
> I've bumped into it.
>
> If an investment transaction, say a buy, is opened and then the window
> is slightly resized both of these widgets appear for no good reason.
> The interest-amount one doesn't even feature in buy transactions.
>
> I've spent quite a while investigating, but to no avail.  I can't find
> any code to do it.  So, thinking that perhaps the widgets were already
> there, but not visible for lack of space, I increased the quantity
> column width, but the widgets didn't appear until the resize.
>
> Without wanting anyone to spend more than a few minutes, can anyone
> make any suggestions, please?  It's not a major problem, but I hate
> mysteries.
>
> Thanks
>
> Allan

I'm afraid I haven't found an answer.  In fact, there's more that's
wrong.  For instance, with an IntInc transaction, a resize with
the transaction open will result also with the Quantity/Shares and the
Price widgets appearing.

As I understand it, when the resize event occurs, the resizing has
already taken place, the window has been cleared and redrawn.  I don't
know where the redrawing takes place, but my suspicion is that all
these widgets get shown then, with no regard for their need.

So, as it's somewhat only cosmetic, I'll raise a bug and leave it for
someone with deeper knowledge than I.