[Kmymoney-devel] Reconciling after accidentally entering a transaction twice

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Fri Jan 25 08:27:46 UTC 2013

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, but I am swamped with work. More inline.

On Saturday 05 January 2013 13:43:17 Footer wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I'm using KMyMoney 4.6.1 on Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.  I accidentally entered a
> transaction twice, and must have done a reconciliation in the mean time and
> then deleted it and now my previous reconciliation balance is off by the
> amount of the transaction I deleted.  I'm unable to change the previous
> statement balance (starting balance of this statement) as it's grayed out,
> but it should be less by the amount of the transaction I deleted.
>
> I've tried numerous times to 'trick' KMyMoney by adding in the transaction
> again, marking it reconciled or cleared, etc.  But I'm unable to get the
> starting balance of the previous statement  to actually be what it should
> be without having this duplicated transaction in the register.
>
> I hope this makes sense and that someone else has encountered this before.
>  I think I have but I don't remember the fix.

I tried to duplicate the problem here with 4.6.3/master. I am unable to do so.
Here's what I do:

a) have a bunch of cleared transactions.
b) duplicate the last transaction
c) reconcile the account (ending balance is actually wrong)
d) finish reconciliation
e) remove the duplicated transaction
f) start reconciliation again

f) shows me the correct (w/o the duplicate transaction) starting balance. I
have no idea if this matches your scenario or not or if we have fixed
something in between 4.6.1 to 4.6.3 in that area. Looking at the ChangeLog
might give you a hint. Maybe another user/dev remembers s.th.

> Thanks in advance for any advice!

Not really an advice (yet) but we will get there.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist,
the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is
twice as big as it needs to be.