[Kmymoney-devel] Reconciling after accidentally entering a transaction twice

Footer footer at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:43:17 UTC 2013

Greetings,

I'm using KMyMoney 4.6.1 on Kubuntu 12.04.1 LTS.  I accidentally entered a
transaction twice, and must have done a reconciliation in the mean time and
then deleted it and now my previous reconciliation balance is off by the
amount of the transaction I deleted.  I'm unable to change the previous
statement balance (starting balance of this statement) as it's grayed out,
but it should be less by the amount of the transaction I deleted.

I've tried numerous times to 'trick' KMyMoney by adding in the transaction
again, marking it reconciled or cleared, etc.  But I'm unable to get the
starting balance of the previous statement  to actually be what it should
be without having this duplicated transaction in the register.

I hope this makes sense and that someone else has encountered this before.
 I think I have but I don't remember the fix.

Thanks in advance for any advice!