[Kmymoney-devel] kmymoney suggestions/question

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 21:04:11 UTC 2013

I've checked today with the 4.6.3 version (using the Windows installer that
was just announced) and it seems that GPG encryption can be used. But, as I've
said, be careful with this feature (keep your private key safely or encrypt
using the recovery key also [1]).

Install http://www.gpg4win.org/ to manage your keyring. Once you have a key in
the keyring the GPG settings page should be enabled. It's your decision if you
would like to check the 'Also encrypt with KMyMoney's recovery key'.

After enabling encryption and closing the options dialog you still didn't
encrypted the file. To do that you need to do choose 'File'->'Save as' and save
the new encrypted data file. After you double check that you can open the
encrypted file you can delete your old unencrypted file.

[1] http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/recoverkey.html

În ziua de Lun 21 Ian 2013, la 17:18:06, ați scris:

Thank you for your support and replies!

Wish you good luck with your development!