[Kmymoney-devel] Installation problem with the latest stable release

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 00:05:58 UTC 2013

Ah, another family history buff, eh!  Welcome to KMyMoney.  See further
comments below.

On 10/01/13 22:34, John Owen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I normally avoid SourceForge installations as they "always" seem to
> presume a level of knowledge which I don't have.  I've persevered in
> this case as I am so frustrated with trying to find a decent piece of
> Personal Accounting software to replace the one I've used for 19 years
> but which will not run on 64bit Windows.
>
> I am using Windows 7 and I am trying to install KMyMoney.  I have gone
> through a process with kdewin-installer-gui-latest.exe which apparently
> installed an environment which this programme needs.

I'm not an expert on the Windows side, but pending a more informed
response, I think I need to stop you now.  So far, you're on the right
lines, but not from here on.

>  Various links
> suggested I download kmymoney-4.6.3.tar.bz2.sig which I did but I don't
> know how to run it (or what it does).  I've now found
> kmymoney-4.5.3.tar.bz2 and have downloaded it.  After experimenting, I
> found the Wizard in WinRAR to extract it but am now stuck as to what to
> do next.  There doesn't appear to be an exe file to run.  Any help you
> can give me would be appreciated.

The versions you mentioned, I believe, are Linux versions, not Windows.
  You should have been able to install KMyMoney as part of the process
you started.  Here is a link to detailed instructions for installing KDE -
http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/KDE_on_Windows/Installation .  Better
still, follow this - http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/windows-install.html
The next to last shot shows selection of KMyMoney.  I think version
4.6.2 should be there.

This next paragraph refers to the fist link I gave, but I'll leave it in
case it helps.

(Step 2 takes you to the Download packages section.  After you have
selected the KDE version (stable latest?), and clicked Next, you should
see a list of available packages, And KMyMoney should be show.  Select
that and proceed.  KMyMoney should be installed as part of that process,
and should be in your Start menu.)

Let's know how it goes.

Allan