[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request: accounts per fiscal period

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:06:32 UTC 2013

On 02/01/13 22:09, Oliver Maurhart wrote:
> #!/bin/hi *
>
> I played around with KMyMoney yet for nearly 4 months now and I fully
> congratulate you for this marvelous piece of software you created!
>
> As now it is 2013, I still see the total on my account/category page
> whereas I would like to chose some different views based on a fiscal
> period like "This Month" "This Year" "Last Month" "Last Year" or even
> editable.
>
> I know, I can create reports that do that, but they are for printing and
> I would like to see this on screen on a wink with a mouse. Is this
> somehow possible?
>

> Cheers,
> Oliver

Developer time is very limited at the moment, so, to be sure your
request does not get lost, would you raise it as a feature request on
https://bugs.kde.org.

To be sure we understand your requirement, are you suggesting that, when
the Accounts or Categories view is opened, instead of seeing for every
line the cumulative amount for the whole period of your file. you can
have a choice of a selectable single alternative period?

The nearest to this at the moment is to double click a single entry,
which will open it in the ledger, where it is possible, via
Settings/Configure KMyMoney/Ledger/Display, to show group headers and a
current/previous fiscal year header.