[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

Jack ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 2 01:10:22 UTC 2013

On 2013.01.01 19:43, Allan wrote:
> On 01/01/13 21:31, Paul wrote:
>> I've been using KMyMoney since 2010. I really like it. However,
>> there is one
>> feature missing that is missing -- Start New Year.
>>
>> Quicken has this, and I believe other non-linux personal banking
>> programs. Is
>> this a feature that others have asked for as well? Is it a feature
>> than can be
>> added?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>

> "there is one feature missing that is missing"??
> Had a Happy "Start New Year"?
>
> More seriously, whilst it does sort of ring a bell, I couldn't
> immediately see it on https://bugs.kde.org.
>
> It wouldn't do any harm to raise a feature request there.  Perhaps
> you could indicate what you would like to it to do.
>
> Allan

I started to reply earlier, then got distracted.

Paul - Can you specify what you mean by this?  From memory, I believe
KMM does have the ability to set a start of fiscal year other the
January 1.  However, if you mean to automatically, or
semi-automatically archive and purge old data from the previous
year(s), no, KMM does not have that feature.  I believe it's been
discussed a number of times on the mailing list, and there may even
already be an enhancement request at bugs.kde.org, although perhaps
not, if Allan didn't find it.  That's the place to log the request so
it doesn't get lost.

I don't think there is much objection to such a feature - just the lack
of a developer with sufficient time available to write the code.