[Kmymoney-devel] Comments about KMyMoney

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Thu Aug 15 09:08:31 UTC 2013

Hi,

On Thursday 15 August 2013 10:13:10 Thomas Grabs wrote:

> Thomas G.
>
> After weeks of in depth-comparison of KMyMoney with its competitors I
> decided to stick with it and haven't had any regrets since. KMyMoney
> helped me to finally sort out the family finances and even start
> planning ahead!

Glad to hear our work was/is of help for you. We and other users on the hunt
for a finance management tool are certainly interested in more results/details
of your in-depth-comparison in case you have them  written down. Your
contribution to the open source world so to say.

> One thing I'd wish for is a way to simply copy marked transactions as
> text (possibly tab-separated) into the clipboard for use/ analysis
> elsewhere (e.g., in a spreadsheet application)

A work-around may be the following:

 - Open the ledger of the account
 - Select the menu Account/Transaction report
 - Export to CSV

I know, this does not give you the selected transactions as CSV but it will
provide the information you look for in CSV format.

> Many thanks to all developers and contributors!

Thanks for your comments, which I want to provide to others on
http://kmymoney2.sourceforge.net/user-comments.html in case you don't mind.

Linux, because rebooting is for adding new hardware ...