[Kmymoney-devel] Import from GnuCash

CA G Rajesh ca.grajesh at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 13:02:56 UTC 2013

Hi Allan,
Sorry for the delayed response.

aga wrote:
> Ah, that's sad!  Whilst I've written the CSV exporter, it still awaits
> acceptance and incorporation into KMyMoney.
Just read that it's good. Congrats & Thanks.

> Does Gnucash have any other export capability?  Or, perhaps Scrooge
> could import your file and allow export to .kmy.
No, Gnucash does not seem to have any such capabilities. I tried skrooge as
you suggested. Even it imports Gnucash's narrations as payees - perhaps,
there's something wrong with Gnucash!
As regards, importing csv exported by skrooge into kmymoney, I get the
following message - "An Amount-type column, and Date and Payee columns are
needed! Please try again." - even though, all these columns are present or
edited to be present by me.
Well, can I ask you a favor. You seem to be good in programing - from the
feedback I read about your plugin. Consider, if you could edit the filter
that imports gnucash files (from payees to description/memo). This might
help few others, like me, who have vestige left with gnome - both skrooge
and kmymoney users.
Thanks for your time.
My wishes and regards,
Rajesh