[Kmymoney-devel] Import from GnuCash

CA G Rajesh ca.grajesh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 17:10:08 UTC 2013

Thanks, Allan.

aga wrote:
> Just a couple of questions, and a possible idea.
> Are you able/willing to compile from source?  The reason I ask that is
> that there might be another way to achieve your requirement, and
> bearing in mind that developer time is very limited.
No, I am not a programmer - sorry. I am a professional accountant/auditor.

> What I'm thinking of is that I have recently written a plugin to export
> a .kmy file as a CSV file, and there already exists another plugin to
> import from CSV, which allows the user to choose (within reason) how to
> allocate the various fields, or even to allocate  a payee field to be
> copied to the memo field, or vice-versa.
Where can I get the csv exporter? Importer is available already.

> So, you would import your Qnucash file, export to a CSV file, then
> import that file as CSV, allocating the columns to your requirement.
> There can be multiple columns allocated to a single memo field.
Seems to be a workable idea.
I am ready to give a try. Can you help me with the exporter plugin, please?
I've already imported gnucash file ... and, waiting ;)

Regards,
Rajesh