[Kmymoney-devel] [kmymoney] kmymoney: Added the long awaited 'tags' feature

Alessandro Russo axela74 at yahoo.it
Sat Nov 17 18:16:53 UTC 2012

Il 17/11/2012 13:33, Allan ha scritto:
> I haven't yet seen a need for tags in my current use pattern, but,
> having just updated from HEAD, I thought I'd have a look at their
> workings.
>
> If I select a downloaded transaction, I'm able to select a new tag,
> but when I next click in the memo or another field, the tag disappears
> and its drop-down no longer shows that tag to be able to re-assign it.
> Click the red X icon more than once and the drop-down now shows the
> tag as available again.
>
> If I enter the tag, and accept the edit without accessing another
> field, then the new tag shows in the transaction, but on opening the
> transaction again, the tag does not show.
>
> It may well be that I'm not understanding how to use tags, and if this
> is the expected behaviour, then I apologize for the disturbance.
>
> Allan
Hi Allan,
when you click i the memo field or in another field (or if you press Tab
key) the name of the tag disappears in the lineedit and appear a new
label on the right of the lineedit with the name of the tag and a button
with an 'X' on the right of the label. At this time if you save the
transaction it will have the tag.
If you click on the 'X' button the tag is deleted and you can re-select
it in the line-edit if you want.

This is the expected behavuour, I haven't any downloaded transactions so
I can't test this case.
Did you tried with a new transaction?

Ciao,
  Alessandro