[Kmymoney-devel] A bu­g in the current stab­le ­release - Language switch

lemur2009 at pochta.ru lemur2009 at pochta.ru
Thu Mar 22 22:32:25 UTC 2012

> What distribution, and is your KMM from the distribution's package or
compiled from source?  Do any other KDE applications show the same
problem, or are others OK and only KMM is wrong?
My OS is Windows 7 32-bit.

The only KDE application I use is KMyMoney.

I installed  KMyMoney totally according to these instructions.

And I chose language and spelling packages (British English, Russian, Ukrainian) from the menu.

Also - are you sure that the Russian translations are included in the

version you have?

I have no idea. You tell me. Are they?

After switching to Russian, the starting screen of the programme IS in Russian. But as I said before, the menus are not.

Сб 17 Мар 2012 05:17:28 +0400, Jack  написал:
On 2012.03.16 13:24, lemur2009 at pochta.ru wrote:
> I can't switch the language properly.
>
> Neither KDE Language settings, nor KMyMoney's Switch Application
> language seem to work correctly.
>
> I can't make it switch to Russian. It's either in default American
> English or in Ukrainian, or even half the menus are in Ukrainian
> (that's my default location), a half the menus are in American
> English.
>
> Closing KMyMoney, shutting KDE and restarting both doesn't help.

What distribution, and is your KMM from the distribution's package or
compiled from source?  Do any other KDE applications show the same
problem, or are others OK and only KMM is wrong?

Also - are you sure that the Russian translations are included in the
version you have?  Although unlikely, it is possible that not all
available languages were actually included in the compiled package.