[Kmymoney-devel] help please

jvz1p1 at aol.com jvz1p1 at aol.com
Thu Mar 8 11:41:32 UTC 2012

Hello,
I am currently using v4.5.3 without a problem.  However this newer version in not in the repository for upgrade.  I'm not smart enough to figure the manual install so I'm asking for help.  Located in USA.  Using Ubuntu 11.10.  Using a Dell 1545 laptop w/4gb memory, 80gb hd w/ Ubuntu 11.10 and 320gb hd dual boot has Win7 and Linux Mint 11.  I don't know where you want me to input info I should know and you don't,  but I can't tell the difference when I should.  So the install note you give about 'cmake' - where there are 4 - 6 lines you want me to type in terminal mode/sudo.  Okay, I keep getting an error message about command not found or syntax error "=" should not be there.   So I just gave up and re installed the v4.5.3.   I don't have any training or experience with terminology or terminal mode inputs.

Sincerely,
John

PS:  I can use Skype for personal contact if you like.  Wildcrazyman  Also, I have two computers available to use one for skype and the other to get KMyMoney installed.