[Kmymoney-devel] Git workflow after backporting to origin/4.6

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:48:32 UTC 2012

I have completed the local backporting to origin/4.6, and git status shows
# On branch 4.6
# Your branch is ahead of 'origin/4.6' by 1 commit.

Normally, I would see this type of message following the merge and push,
and I would then do
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master
but suspect I don't do that in this case.  Am I correct in this?  If so
exactly what do I need to do to avoid a screw up?

I have done -
git add
git commit
git checkout master
git pull -r

and would normally then do -
git rebase master
ssh-add ~/.ssh/id_rsa && git push kde:kmymoney
git fetch origin && git reset --hard origin/master

Just need a pointer, please.