[Kmymoney-devel] FW: Feature Request regarding QIF import

Jared Bishop jared.bishop at vodafone.co.nz
Fri Jun 29 08:35:18 UTC 2012

Hi KMM devs!

I have just switched to a bank that doesn't support downloading OFX files,
they only have .QIF or .csv. I found OFX files to be good as you can choose
to open them with KMM from the browser, and they will automatically import.
However, QIF files do not do this - if you open them with KMM from the
browser, a new instance of KMM loads. So I have to save them and use File
--> Import --> QIF to import (okay, it's not all that annoying, just less
convenient).

Can QIF files be made to open in the same way as OFX? I was thinking of
setting up a "drop folder" setup and automating an import into my MYSQL
backend. But I am concerned that generating subsequent database ids will
upset the application - is there a simpler way of achieving this?

Kind Regards
Jared