[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:02:56 UTC 2012

On 02/07/12 07:24, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Bonjour Frédéric,
>
> The current implementation of the price quotes allows to retrieve a single
> price for a single fund, so your approach to drop all price information into a
> single file won't work.
>
> I think - but I am not 100% sure - that our QIF importer can deal with a list
> of prices. Check the internet about the format for prices or ask here on the
> list for more information in case you don't find a suitable answer on the
> format.
>
> Cheers
>
> Thomas

It is possible to import your file, but I'm afraid you'll need to do
some editing to get it into qif format.

It will need to look like this:-

!Clear:AutoSwitch
!Type:Security
NyoursecuritynameA
SFR0007024393
TUnit/Inv. Trust
^
!Type:Security
NyoursecuritynameB
SFR0000299364
TUnit/Inv. Trust
^
!Type:Security
NyoursecuritynameC
SFR0010321802
TUnit/Inv. Trust
^
......etc
!Type:Prices
"FR0007024393","73.09","21/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0007024393","72.66","22/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0007024393","70.8","25/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0007024393","70.7","26/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0007024393","71.95","27/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0000299364","35.93","21/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0000299364","35.77","22/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0000299364","35.2","25/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0000299364","35.07","26/06/12"
^
!Type:Prices
"FR0000299364","35.46","27/06/12"
^
etc.

(The etc. isn't needed <BG> but doesn't get imported.)

You'll get a message that "The statements have been processed with the
following results:", ie., no transactions, but the prices do import.

Allan