[Kmymoney-devel] Adding files to contrib

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Jan 21 14:48:28 UTC 2012

Hi,

on Saturday 21 January 2012 13:57:26 Allan wrote:

> On 21/01/12 12:46, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Saturday 21 January 2012 11:53:25 Allan wrote:
> >> The up-coming version of the csv plugin will allow users to create
> >> profiles to match their different file formats, and will include support
> >> for Schwab and Merril Lynch brokers.
> >>
> >> Because there are different and numerous quirks to be catered for, I
> >> wish to add sample csv files for each of these brokers to the contrib
> >> folder, which may also be used as guides to help other users wishing to
> >> tweak their config file.
> >>
> >> Is it in order for me to commit these, please?  I don't see any point in
> >> going via reviewboard, as I don't expect anyone else to have a knowledge
> >> of the issues.
> >
> > That's what the contrib directory is for. It has a bunch of sample files
> > already, so please go ahead and add more to the csvimporter subdirectory.
>
> Thanks, Thomas.
>
> What I'm a bit woolly about, is how they get there.  If I add them
> locally to contrib and then commit/push, is that all that's necessary?

Yes.

> Or, do I need to install them there?  In the README there, it says -
> "@Developers: Make sure to add new files in this directory
>               to the EXTRA_DIST target in Makefile.am"
>
> Does that need to be updated for cmake?

Hmm, better removed (I just did that). That EXTRA_DIST business needed to be
there in the autotools days to get them into the distribution tarball. Using
the createtarball script they end up there w/o further action:

thb at thb-nb:~/devel/createtarball> tar -tjf kmymoney-4.6.90.tar.bz2 | grep
contrib
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/splitup-kde-chunk-online
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/mysqlcrypt.sh
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/functions.mysql
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/csvimporter/
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/csvimporter/InvestmentHOWTO
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/csvimporter/SampleIncFund.csv
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/csvimporter/csvconverterrc
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/csvimporter/SampleBankAccount.csv
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/kmm-safe
kmymoney-4.6.90/contrib/README

> I'm still pretty clueless about this sort of activity with git

There are two things: git for the revision control and createtarball to craft
the source package for distribution.

Life would be so much easier if we could just
look at the source code. -- Dave Olson