[Kmymoney-devel] Adding files to contrib

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 12:57:26 UTC 2012

On 21/01/12 12:46, Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> on Saturday 21 January 2012 11:53:25 Allan wrote:
>
>> The up-coming version of the csv plugin will allow users to create
>> profiles to match their different file formats, and will include support
>> for Schwab and Merril Lynch brokers.
>>
>> Because there are different and numerous quirks to be catered for, I
>> wish to add sample csv files for each of these brokers to the contrib
>> folder, which may also be used as guides to help other users wishing to
>> tweak their config file.
>>
>> Is it in order for me to commit these, please?  I don't see any point in
>> going via reviewboard, as I don't expect anyone else to have a knowledge
>> of the issues.
>
> That's what the contrib directory is for. It has a bunch of sample files
> already, so please go ahead and add more to the csvimporter subdirectory.

Thanks, Thomas.

What I'm a bit woolly about, is how they get there.  If I add them
locally to contrib and then commit/push, is that all that's necessary?
Or, do I need to install them there?  In the README there, it says -
"@Developers: Make sure to add new files in this directory
              to the EXTRA_DIST target in Makefile.am"

Does that need to be updated for cmake?

I'm still pretty clueless about this sort of activity with git

Allan.