[Kmymoney-devel] Feedback - en_CA account template

Jack Ostroff ostroffjh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 10 20:22:45 UTC 2012

On 2012.01.10 14:30, Mike & Janice Beacock wrote:
> On 01/10/2012 06:55 AM, Jack wrote:
>> As Allan said, this has often been requested, but I just checked the
>> source and git logs, and Thomas added the en_CA template almost a
>> year ago, so I suspect you may not be using a recent enough
>> version.  4.6.1 is the latest.  What version are you using?  If the
>> release date is before last January, you just need to upgrade.  If
>> it's more recent than that, then we would need to see why that
>> template is not included.
>>
>> Jack
>

> Thanks for the quick reply. I just checked the version & it is 4.6.5.

Please confirm that, since there is no such version.  Did you maybe
mean something like 4.6.0-5?  4.6.1 is the latest official release, but
various distros add extra letters and/or numbers after that to indicate
packaging updates.  (What distro are you on?)  The other possibility is
that is the version of KDE, not of KMyMoney - it's easy to grab the
wrong one, since both are displayed on the dialog.

Separately - can you find the directory that actually has the template
files, and let us know what languages you see?  On my box, it's in
/usr/share/apps/kmymoney/templates, and I have
   C de_CH dk en_CA en_US es_ES fr_CA fr_FR hu_HU jp pt_BR ro_RO sk
uk_UA zh_HK de_AT de_DE
   el_GR en_GB es_AR es_MX fr_CH gl_ES it nl_NL pt_PT ru_RU tr_TR zh_CN
zh_TW.
However, I have installed from source in the past, so I'm always wary
that my installation may have extra files not in the officially
released package.