[Kmymoney-devel] CSV Plugin Bug/Puzzle

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 01:14:59 UTC 2012

This is somewhat vague as it lacks line numbers, because it only occurs
in my updated version.

For reasons unconnected with my recent mods., I imported an old
investment file which I had made, and when I imported it, a date error
was flagged, which usually means that the chosen date format was
incorrect, or that the wrong column was chosen.  It indicated that the
date was empty and that the format was m/d/y.  I checked back and in
fact I had set it to d/m/y.  Also, the actual date was one of those
where it matched any format.  Looking more closely now, I noticed that
when the file was first displayed, two identical lines were shown, and
in fact there was only a single line in the file.

Looking at the readFile() routine in investprocessing.cpp, in about the
middle, there is a 'for' loop to display the lines.  Debugging, I found
that the for loop was being entered twice, although the readFile was
being called just once at this time.  The row count is cleared near to
the beginning of readFile() and incremented when the line has actually
been displayed.  A debug statement close to the row count clearing was
triggered just once, a few lines later, another debug was triggered
twice, as was the 'for' loop.

I can see no logical reason reason why this should occur?  Perhaps a
corrupted stack?

I haven't been able to reproduce the first problem, with the date.  The
second problem, with the row count is easily solved by moving the clear
instruction closer to the for loop.

I don't like problems that can be fixed but not explained.  What do the
experts think?

Would it be best to add this to the reviewboard, rather than as a bug?