[Kmymoney-devel] Git query

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 13:49:44 UTC 2012

2012/2/21 Allan <agander93 at gmail.com>:
> My git branch presently shows :-
>
> # Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 3 commits.
>
> These are :-
>
> a) The first commit of the csv plugin profiles mod.
> b) The latest commit of the csv plugin profiles mod.
> c) A single line removal.
>
> Commit b) supersedes commit a).  How do I safely remove it without touching
> the others?  I'm assuming it's 'git revert <name>', but will that leave the
> later ones intact for subsequent pushing?  Don't want to foul up.

Since commit b is after a it means that a is not obsolete since b is
against a. I think what you actually want is to merge all 3 commits
into a single commit. You could read a short description about that
here [1]. Before doing anything backup your work though (git
format-patch origin/master).

Regards,
Cristian

[1] http://ariejan.net/2011/07/05/git-squash-your-latests-commits-into-one