[Kmymoney-devel] KMM 4.5.3

Peter Zay peterzay1 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 19:16:57 UTC 2012

Thomas,

The attached screenshot is from the box that runs KMM 1.0.4.

Notice the seahorse-plugins package functionality.  It stores passphrases.
 This package is no longer available in synaptic on the box that runs KMM
4.6.1.  It may be possible to solve this by accessing other Ubuntu
repositories.

Thanks for your help and time.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 12:17 PM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> on Tuesday 14 February 2012 16:14:58 Peter Zay wrote:
>
> > Thomas,
> >
> > You are correct, the 4.6.1 box (Xubuntu 11.10) is different from the
> 1.0.4
> > box (Ubuntu 10.04).
> >
> > You are also correct, I got the following message in terminal during the
> > manual decrypt: gpg-agent is not available in this session.
> >
> > However, the encryption tab in settings clearly indicates that a gpg key
> is
> > available.  I took that to mean that decryption was not only available,
> but
> > would work.
> >
> > I still get the message bad passphrase, this is reproducible.
>
> Run the following command from a terminal:
>
>  set | grep GPG_AGENT
>
> Please expect some output like the following (taken from my box):
>
>  GPG_AGENT_INFO=/tmp/gpg-8PzSNe/S.gpg-agent:2266:1
>
> If you don't see anything like that, make sure to start the gpg-agent. On
> one
> of my boxes I have a file named ~/.kde4/env/gpg-agent.sh with the following
> contents:
>
>  eval "$(gpg-agent --daemon)"
>
> Make sure the file is executable and ends in .sh to be picked up by KDE
> startup.
>
> > Gnupg 1.4.11 package is installed.  Are additional packages required?
> >  Ubuntu handles dependencies reasonably well.
>
> Looks not like a dependency problem to me, as you can decrypt the file.
>
> > Please advise.
>
> Please see above. If you still encounter problems, please feel free to come
> back here.
>
> --
>
> Regards
>
> Thomas Baumgart
>
> GPG-FP: E55E D592 F45F 116B 8429   4F99 9C59 DB40 B75D D3BA
> The amount of experience is directly proportional to
> the amount of destroyed equipment.

Peter