[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request : Unique transaction ID

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:57:19 UTC 2012

2012/2/8 David <moxfulder at gmail.com>:
> Currently, there is a transaction ID for each account, but it starts from 0
> for each account, so I have several time the same id.
> The workaround I think about is : Write on my paper the date+category and I
> can find it, but it is not as convenient as an autoincremented ID.
>
> Any idea ? Thanks a lot for your job
Maybe it is not explicit in the user manual but AFAIK you can prefix
the number field (if that's what you are referring to as transaction
ID/account) with something unique for each account.

So for example if you enter 'Checking.0000' as the first number from
then on the following numbers will be generated:
Checking.0001
Checking.0002
Checking.0003

I think that this would solve your problem.

Regards,
Cristian

P.S: keep the replies on the mailing list, I'm cc'ing you because I
don't know if you are subscribed