[Kmymoney-devel] Feature request : Unique transaction ID

David moxfulder at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 08:36:47 UTC 2012

Hello.

I'm trying kmymoney and I think I'll keep it as my accounting application.
I have a need which is probably shared by other people.

When I get a bill, or something from the bank (a piece of paper), I add the
value into an account-category. This works great now.
What I need is a transaction number through categories. This number, I want
to write it down on the piece of paper. The number should be unique and
auto incremented.
The idea behind this is : If I need an information about the bill YXZ, I
can easily find it in kmymoney using the ID I wrote on the paper.

Currently, there is a transaction ID for each account, but it starts from 0
for each account, so I have several time the same id.
The workaround I think about is : Write on my paper the date+category and I
can find it, but it is not as convenient as an autoincremented ID.

Any idea ? Thanks a lot for your job
David