[Kmymoney-devel] Installation problem with the latest stable release

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 08:27:03 UTC 2012

2012/2/1 Marius Groenewald <GroeneM at eskom.co.za>:
> Hi there.
>
> I am trying to install KMyMoney 4.6.1 using cmake, following the
> instructions in the README.cmake file. I don't understand what the following
> sentence means:
>
> Go to the top level of the cvs working directory.

There is no more cvs so that should be fixed.

> I don't see a cvs folder on my laptop.
>
> I created the build folder directly under my kmymoney-4.6.1 folder, created
> when extracting the tar.bz2 file.
>
> When I enter the following command:
> cmake .. -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr
>
> I get the following results:
> CMake Error at /usr/share/cmake-2.8/Modules/FindKDE4.cmake:98 (MESSAGE):
>   ERROR: cmake/modules/FindKDE4Internal.cmake not found in
>   /home/marius/.kde/share/apps;/usr/share/kde4/apps
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>   CMakeLists.txt:53 (FIND_PACKAGE)

> What am I doing wrong?

Since you are trying to compile from sources you'll need to have a few
development packages installed (distribution dependent). The above
error is due to missing KDE development package.

> Why is there not an user-friendly .deb installation package available?

Every distribution provides it's own package. Yours should also have
4.6.1 in some repository.

> Please help!

Please provide some information about the distribution/version that you use.

Regards,
Cristian