[Kmymoney-devel] Review Request: Refactoring of matching a transaction-under-import

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Mon Dec 10 15:24:50 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Sunday 09 December 2012 09:32:01 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:

> Every dependency we bring into KMyMoney has a clear set of features and
> benefits for the application (libGMP, libofx, aqbanking, etc.). In this
> case, I only see a limited value for the developers. And it seems to me,
> this  could be done the Qt way. Maybe the other way is more clear, but the
> only real benefit is readability. Perhaps maintainability, but that's
> offset by adding a new dependency.
>
> I don't have the final word on this, but my vote is against adding boost as
> a dependency. At least, until a real benefit for the application is shown.

I second Alvaro's opinion on this one. I am not against Boost or any other
library per se, but we should see a clear benefit for the user (not the
developer) while adding a dependency to some other library.

Unless we would safe hundreds of lines of code by using another lib ....

Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent
life in the universe are pointed away from Earth?