[Kmymoney-devel] Import from Gnucash

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 09:44:14 UTC 2012

On 12/08/12 03:29, CA G Rajesh wrote:
> Hi,
> If I am to download my accounts from gnucash, my description in gnucash is
> mapped/imported to payees. Is it possible to map it to description/memo in
> kmymoney2 during import?
> If payee is compulsory during import, we may map account heads to payees. It
> is easy to modify account heads later than to correct all narrations - which
> involves great deal of time!
> If above option is available, kindly let me know. Otherwise, may I request
> the developers to consider including such feature (such option need not be
> default, it may be asked at the time of import in the dialog box) in
> upcoming versions?
> Thanks in advance.
> Rajesh

To request a new feature, could you do that via https://bugs.kde.org/
Below the 'Platform' selection. you'll see 'normal'  From the drop-down,
select 'wishlist'.

I'm not familiar with Gnucash, but does it have the capability to export
in CSV format?  If so you could import via the CSV plugin, which allows
copying the payee to the memo field.  It is not perhaps your preferred
route, but at the moment there is a shortfall of developer time, and it
may help in the mean-time.