[Kmymoney-devel] Cannot resize window for netbook - vertically

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sat Aug 4 05:45:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

On Friday 03 August 2012 17:53:35 Allan wrote:

> On 03/08/12 14:56, Alice Brosey wrote:
> > 1) I'm not sure how to raise this as a bug. I am unfamiliar with this
> > system. 2) If I make a new user it does not help; yes, all the pages
> > run off to the bottom, but the ledger is the biggest issue for use - in
> > the way I use the program.
> > 3) I have no issue resizing the window width. I do not see the quarter
> > window you speak of, at all, but resizing from the top and then moving
> > the window up (which had not occurred to me) helped a little bit

The quarter window depends on your settings and might not show up in your
environment. So no problem there. Did you know, that you can move the whole
window up by pressing Alt and moving the mouse? This should move off the top
part of the window and display the ledger entry area in full size. I know that
this is not the fix to the problem but it might improve your current
situation.

I tried it here on my 1920x1080 screen but cannot reduce the height to less
than 651. The ledger view is your area of problem but might not be the source
of it. That only as hint to someone looking into the problem. It could be
caused by another view as well.

@Allen: Did you know that when you compile with debugging turned on you see
the window size in the window's title bar?

'Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.'
 -Popular Mechanics, 1949