[Kmymoney-devel] Android Project: Satus update

Mon Oct 10 19:55:21 UTC 2011

Why do I always send these to the wrong mailing list first?? Oh well
sorry about that...

I know it has been a long time and thought I would give a quick status
update on where things stand right now.

I only need to complete the interface for the entering of transactions
and splits now and then it will be in the state of what I would call an
EXTREMELY early beta or maybe still even alpha. Once this part is
completed you will be able to do all basic functions in the application
regarding Accounts, Categories, Institutions and Payees. There is
currently a limit as to what type of Accounts can be created and edited
inside the application as I have not done the work for the credit cards,
loans, investments etc yet.

Landscape mode will NOT be supported in this early stage but once I get
it out there for folks to give me some feedback on I will start making
the layouts for the landscape views as well.

The GUI is probably pretty horrible, I am no artist , so any feed back
on that would be great as well. I will post when the transaction stuff
has been completed and see who all is still interested in testing it
out. I would like to get about 15 or so folks to give this a go.

This have been a lot of fun working on this, but I would say this has
been more of a complete rewrite than a "port" of the application. About
the only thing I have used so far from the actual desktop version is the
icons, but in any event I am excited to get it into others hands and get
feedback.

-Eric