[Kmymoney-devel] Reviewboard and Git

Allan agander93 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 15 11:51:12 UTC 2011

On 15/11/11 00:20, Allan wrote:
> On 14/11/11 22:16, Cristian Oneț wrote:
>> On Monday 14 November 2011 22:11:32 you wrote:
>>> Just finishing adding all the new files, etc. Then, see where I'm up to
>>> in this new world. What am I to do with the new patches? Is it a case
>>> of resubmitting under git?
>>
>> You can commit them to a local branch in your repository and after
>> testing
>> that everything is OK (you've ported the patch correctly) submit the
>> patch
>> obtained by running 'git format-patch master --stdout> csv.patch' to
>> review.
>>

> All seems OK and the patches are ready. I'm assuming that when KMM is
> added to git reviewboard, that's where they need to go, but do I need to
> copy the original svn description too? I'm assuming I do.
>
> The original review was submitted over two weeks go. Do I need a go
> ahead to commit them?
>
> Allan

I'm having a couple of problems, I'm afraid.

1) I'd originally submitted a review for the csv plugin wizard on svn
reviewboard and want now to proceed.  In the meantime, Git has come
along so I've created a new patch file under Git.  Looking at the patch,
I find it contains a reference to a test file I initially created and
committed and then apparently removed successfully, but it still shows
in the patch.  So, I deleted that from the file.

2) I found I couldn't login to git reviewboard with my original
ID/password although it suggests I should be able to, so I registered a
new id.

Now logged in, I tried to submit the patch, but it gives an error - a
missing terminator in the header.

Now, though, I can't sign in as my id/password is rejected, possibly
because I'm still logged in somewhere else, but can't find where.

Please, how do I get out of this mess?

Thanks.