[Kmymoney-devel] Development workflow proposal

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 10:52:43 UTC 2011

On Friday 11 November 2011 21:27:25 Alvaro Soliverez wrote:
> What rebasing means, is that it will get the commits from another branch,
> and it will try apply your commits on top of that. If there is a conflict,
> you have the opportunity to fix it while rebasing.

I'm trying a more visual approach until I'm familiar with everything, does the
'red detour' in the attached screenshot means that Thomas did a merge instead
of a rebase before pushing a7dfac98ae? If so that means that if we use rebase
we get a nice linear evolution while with merge we get a lot of branching in
the commit tree, is that right?

Cristian Oneț