[Kmymoney-devel] CMake problem with duplicate subdirectory entry

Yuri Chornoivan yurchor at ukr.net
Sun Nov 6 07:20:53 UTC 2011

написане Sun, 06 Nov 2011 09:09:41 +0200, Thomas Baumgart
<thb at net-bembel.de>:

> Hi Yuri,
>
> while packaging KMyMoney 4.6.1 I noticed the following change yesterday:
>
> http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/extragear-
> kde4/office/kmymoney/CMakeLists.txt?r1=1245873&r2=1246479
>
> This change together with the usage of the create_tarball.rb script will
> show
> an error when executing cmake to build KMyMoney. This is, because
> create_tarball.rb [1] adds the same line automatically when
> documentation is
> included in the tarball.
>
> The warning does not hurt, so I left it in the SVN repo and removed that
> one
> line manually from the resulting tarball. I understand, that it is
> required to
> build the documentation from a plain checkout of the repository, one of
> the
> main reasons why I left it in the repository.
>
> This mail is intended to open the discussion on how to proceed with this
> issue
> in the future (maybe it vanishes while we move to git in the near future
> anyway).
>

> [1]
> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/KDE/kdesdk/scripts/createtarball/create_tarball.rb?revision=1262604&view=markup
> (line 430 causes the trouble with your addition)

Hi,

First of all, sorry about that stupid mistake.

As for including ADD_SUBDIRECTORY(doc) in the separate git repository,
e.g. Kile and Tellico have this line in CMakeLists.txt and manage to
package their documentation. Skrooge team does not have this line and also
packages their documentation successfully. So I think it's a decision on a
team level about the best way to handle the documentation.

Best regards,
Yuri