[Kmymoney-devel] trying to set a schedule to release 4.6 and a call for bug triaging

Cristian Oneț onet.cristian at gmail.com
Fri May 6 00:01:23 CEST 2011

Hello everybody,

I think it is about time do decide the release schedule of the upcoming 4.6
betas and 4.6 itself. Although the pace of development was rather slow lately
we have now in trunk enough features so we can ship 4.6. I would like to
mention the usage of libalkimia, the CSV importer plugin and the performance
improvements (related to the accounts model). I know about anyone currently
working on features so I think we should focus on stabilizing 4.6 so we could
release it.

For this we need to make some bug triaging. We already have 156 bugs (where
are the good old days we have about 30-70 :)) and a lot of them need extra
info. I would like to ask the help of the SVN users to try to review the bug
list if they have some spare time. Bugs that don't have any activity for a
long time and can't be reproduced are dead anyway and should be closed
because, as the list keeps getting bigger, we keep loosing focus of the issues
that can and should be fixed.

Any thoughts?

I would be also happy if we just triage the bug lists and leave 4.6 for now...
since the developers are really busy.

Cristian Oneț