[Kmymoney-devel] Re: Astyle updates?

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Sun Mar 13 22:24:26 CET 2011

Hi,

on Sunday 13 March 2011 20:47:38 Cristian Oneț wrote:

> On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:08 AM, Thomas Baumgart <thb at net-bembel.de> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > on Sunday 30 May 2010 05:04:11 Ian Neal wrote:
> >>   Yes, looks like all sorts of things have changed between 1.23 and 1.24
> >> Some time will need to be spent to work out which switches should be
> >> used for the new version.
> >
> > Yes, that's why we decided to stick with 1.23 for some time. Please also
> > see the thread we started for that discussion on Sat, 13 Mar 2010
> > 21:52:01 +0100.

> > Ah, you updated :)  Back in the said thread you mentioned having 1.23.
>
> Hi,
>
> I only have packages for 1.22 and 1.24 and the both make changes here
> so I can't use astyle-kmymoney.sh. What options do I have? Couldn't we
> upgrade to 1.24? from reading astyle-kmymoney.sh it would seem that I
> could use 1.22.

No wonder if I take a look at the release notes:

http://astyle.sourceforge.net/notes.html

I am currently in the process to switch from openSUSE 11.2 to 11.4 and had to
migrate my virtual Windows system from vmware to virtualbox first, because I
could not get vmware server running under 11.4. Everything else seemed to be
working under 11.4 so my next step is to backup my harddrive again and run the
upgrade procedure. No matter what, I can certainly live with astyle 1.24 even
if I have to build it from source.

If we make 1.24 the minimum, then we should update the script so that it does
not work with versions < 1.24.

Of all the computing resources available, the most valuable one is
programmers' time. Especially in open source where most of us have to
sneak in time to write and debug code. (Ace Jones)