[Kmymoney-devel] Re: cmake error (sort of fixed)

Thomas Baumgart thb at net-bembel.de
Wed Jun 8 10:25:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

on Tuesday 07 June 2011 12:04:38 Ian Neal wrote:

> Thomas Baumgart wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > on Tuesday 07 June 2011 00:14:58 Ian Neal wrote:
> >> So for some reason, even though the build type is supposed to default to
> >> "RelWithDebInfo" it doesn't seem to be.
> >
> > Why? It says it install just that configuration.  I need to do 'sudo make
> > install' here when I want to install anything in /usr/... . Does your
> > user have the powers to do that w/o sudo?
>
> Yes, my user has the ability to install into /usr/...

OK, that makes sense then.

> > Here's what I see:
> >
> > thb at thb-nb:~/devel/alkimia/libalkimia/build>  sudo make install
>
> I 'm doing my cmake and make against alkimia whereas it seems you are
> doing yours against alkimia/libalkimia, is that where it should be done
> against?

It just depends where you keep the source. It does not matter once the package
is installed and used by other applications (e.g. KMyMoney). My setup is a bit
special here: I have

 devel/alkimia as home/kde/trunk/playground/office/alkimia   and
 devel/alkimia/libalkimia as
home/kde/trunk/extragear/office/alkimia/libalkimia

but that is just my personal thingy. All you need is the latter in any
directory. Use 'svn info' to find out what is kept in a sandbox.

> > Where does your line
> >
> >      -- Removed runtime path from "/usr/lib/libalkimia.so.4.3.0"
> >
> > comes from and what does it mean?
>
> Searching via Google, it seems come from cmake - hopefully
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3352041/creating-binary-with-cmake-remov
> es-runtime-path means something to you?

Yes, and it should not hurt and is not related to the problem.  Leaves the
difference in cmake versions you and I use.

'Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
by definition, not smart enough to debug it.' - Brian W. Kernighan